Terms of Service
Please read our policy carefully
If you install degpeg app or using our SAAS based platform or its features, you have read and accepted the terms of this Policy. You have also accepted the degpeg Terms and Conditions and Content Policy , Community Guidelines and other terms which are available on the degpeg App, degpeg Website, and otherwise. Please make sure to read these documents . By using degpeg, you are entering into a binding contract(s) with degpeg . Your contract with us includes this Policy, the Terms and Conditions, the Content Policy, etc. If you don’t agree with and accept the above, please do not use, install, access degpeg platform or any of its features.
This Policy is applicable to information provided by users while using degpeg, and not to information made available to degpeg from others. Should degpeg obtain information pertaining to you from websites, apps, landing pages, third parties, etc. that may be accessed by degpeg users through degpeg or otherwise, such information will be subject to the privacy and other policies and terms of the said websites, apps, landing pages, etc. This Policy shall not apply to websites, apps, landing pages, etc. or any third-party services accessed by you through degpeg including in case such websites, apps, landing pages, etc. and/or third-party services are advertised on degpeg
You also warrant and represent that any registration information and other information that you submit or otherwise provide to degpeg is true, accurate and complete, and you agree to keep it that way at all times.
Information We Collect
Information collected with a prompt:
- In order to use Degpeg, we may need you to authenticate your account using your Google Account, or otherwise, and we will be collecting your email address and name. We will also ask you to provide certain information including age, gender, telephone number, your content/category preferences, location, areas of interest, language, region preferences etc.
- We ask you for the location information and regional preferences to customize your experience by showing you relevant content. Degpeg may collect and store the current and past location of your device if you permit. You have full control over whether to allow or not allow degpeg to collect this information by making changes to your device’s settings. If degpeg is unable to access your location information, degpeg may become inaccessible or not function as intended.
- Customer Support. You may also provide us with information related to your use of degpeg , including copies of your messages / posts, and how to contact you so that we can provide you with customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our app/platform performance, or other issues.
Information collected without a prompt:
- Device Information: We may collect the below with respect to any device through which degpeg is used or accessed.
- Information related to your use of degpeg such as content preferences and consumption, interaction with other users, user activity, etc.
- Degpeg may access your device’s camera, microphone, photo and/or video and/or audio library or gallery.
- Degpeg may also collect information provided by third parties who may disclose to Degpeg personal or non-personal information collected by them. Degpeg has no control over or responsibility in respect of third-party information practices or information collection methods.
- Degpeg may also collect tracking information including cookies, DART, beacons, etc.
- Location: Degpeg may collect and store the current and past location of your device if you permit. You have full control over whether to allow or not allow Degpeg to collect this information by making changes to your device’s settings. If degpeg is unable to access your location information, degpeg may become inaccessible or not function as intended.
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use degpeg, how you interact with others using degpeg, etc.), log files, and diagnostics, crash information, website, and performance logs and reports, etc.
Information We Do Not Collect
We do not collect any Sensitive Personal Data or information such as password related to other services, financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details, physical, physiological and mental health condition, sexual orientation, medical records and history, or biometric information.
How We Use Information
We may use all the information we have to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market Degpeg.
- Our Services: We operate and provide Degpeg, including providing customer support, and improving, fixing, and customizing degpeg by using the said information. We understand how users use degpeg, and analyze and use the information that we have to evaluate and improve degpeg, research, develop, and test new services and features, and conduct troubleshooting activities. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us. We may also use your information for (i) displaying content based on interest, location, offers, etc., (ii) displaying or providing access to promotions, advertisements, offer, etc. which may be based on your interests and also ad-targeting, ad-placement, and ad-measurement (iii) displaying location specific news and weather related information, (iv) improving search results, content loading, performance, etc.
- Send you communications including by e-mail/sms.
- Safety and Security: We also use your information to try and ensure safety and security of our users and their information. We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off Degpeg, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our policies, terms, etc., and to try and ensure that degpeg is being used legally.
Managing Your Information
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the settings feature available on degpeg. You can change your settings to manage certain information available to other users. You can manage your contacts, groups, and broadcast lists, or use our block feature to manage the users with whom you communicate or who can communicate with you.
How We Share Information
We may share your information in ways including the following:
- With other degpeg users: your username, profile photograph, content that you post or send or share. You may also be able to control how your content is shared with other degpeg users by adjusting personal settings.
- With our business partners, affiliates, investors: public information like your name, username and profile pictures and any content posted by you (subject to your personal settings).
- We may share information about you with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf, including to measure and optimize the performance of ads and deliver more relevant ads, including on third-party websites and apps.
- We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others prevent fraud.
- We may share information about you for legal, safety, and security reasons.
- We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to: (i) comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation, (ii) investigate, remedy, or enforce potential violations of this Policy, the Terms and Conditions and the Content Policy.
We undertake no responsibility for security or safety of your information. However, we take reasonable security measures to protect your information in accordance with industry standards. This does not guarantee safety or security of your information as events beyond our control can also occur.
Assignment, Change Of Control, And Transfer
All of our rights and obligations under this Policy, the Terms and Conditions and the Content Policy are freely assignable by us to any of our affiliates or any others, in connection with a merger, acquisition, restructuring, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise, and we may transfer your information to any of our affiliates, any others successor entities, or new management, etc.
Law And Protection
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we believe that it may be reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (i) comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation, (ii) investigate, remedy, or enforce potential violations of this Policy, the Terms and Conditions and Content Policy, (iii) to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others, (iv) to detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns or technical issues, etc., (iv) for other legal requirements, etc.
Updates To Our Policy
If you have questions about this Policy Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Either party may refer such dispute for final resolution by arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act 1996. The Tribunal shall consist of three (3) arbitrators. Each party shall appoint 1 (one) arbitrator and the two arbitrators shall appoint the third arbitrator. The arbitration proceedings shall be held at Bangalore. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English.
What are your rights under EU GDPR Law to the information we collect?
This is in addition to the above and in case of any conflict, the policies below shall be applicable if you are subject to EU GDPR.
Access to you data
You have the right to your personal data including the content you upload. You can access your information by logging into your account. You can email us at email@example.com with your registered email address. Please provide us a month to respond with the information and two months if the request is too complicated to fulfil within a month.
Withdrawal of consent
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and request us to stop processing your data. However, withdrawing your consent will not affect the processing or use of your information prior to fulfilling your consent withdrawal request. You can email us firstname.lastname@example.org with your registered email address.
Request for deletion
You can email us email@example.com with your registered email address and request for your deletion of data.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we longer need the data to provide the products and services or until we are legally required to do so.
Request to correct your data
In case you find any of your information to be inaccurate or incorrect in any way, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your registered email and we will take reasonable steps to update or rectify your information.
Complaints and grievances
With respect to collection and use of your personal data you have the right to complain to the local Data Protection Authority. You can email us email@example.com with your registered email address.
Third party Links
We are not responsible for any content nor any consequences either directly or indirectly arising out of clicking on any third party link you may come across posted by other users. We may share your information with approved third parties in order to provide our services through the degpeg App.
We may transfer personal information to countries other than the country in which the data was originally collected.